- activities and guidance for communicating boundaries around touch, and for establishing consent around physical intimacy
- tips for addressing sexuality, gender, couples/dating, and cultural diversity
- concepts and resources also relevant to one-on-one snuggling, cuddle coaching or consulting, and snuggle therapy, should you choose to branch out in other directions
- ways platonic snuggling can complement and enhance romantic relationships
- tips on how to recruit other snugglers and create your own touch-positive tribe, even if you’re shy
- 25 fun touch-positive games and activities to introduce others to snuggling and cuddling, co-authored with Amy Baker of Envision Arts Studio
- ideas and tools for creating a safe, comfortable snuggling environment
- pointers on self-care and getting support, such as money and volunteers
- strategies for managing even some of the less common dynamics of snuggle parties and cuddle events
2015 Indie Book Awards Finalist, Relationships
Even More Praise from Readers
Here’s the word from the streets on The Snuggle Party Guidebook.
I believe this book is on the leading edge of a quiet revolution in how people relate to one another.
– K.A. Klepper
I was struck by how simple the author makes it all, laying out all the planning details in easy to follow ways. I would highly recommend this book if you or anyone you know is looking for ways to connect more deeply with your friends.
– A. Crockett
Exactly what I needed! I’ve heard of this concept, and wanted to start something up in my area. The perfect step-by-step guide to creating a healthy and safe environment for adding more touch into our lives. An easy read, interspersed with humor and cute drawings, and flows nicely.
It thoroughly covers the issues over which I had overt or subconscious concerns. I especially appreciated the section on consent, which offered me vocabulary for knowing what I want and how to get just that. Absolutely 5 stars.
– Anna Reedy
The practices and way of being that are presented in this book…have impacted my life greatly and helped to open me to connection and courage.
– F. Joseph Von Hoven
Your book has been a thoroughly helpful resource to me. It’s allowed me to bring the life-changing experience of snuggle parties to my friends…even when my own experience with attending them was limited. Through these parties, I have turned so many sustained acquaintanceships into friendships…in a way that we could never achieve through any other form of social interaction. I can’t thank you enough…I’m eager for everyone to have the opportunity to experience what I have.
– Fei Wyatt
Learn more about some of the groovy people who influenced and contributed to The Snuggle Party Guidebook.