A Vision for a Touch-Abundant World
Here, we share information and resources on snuggle parties, cuddle events, and healthy touch. Much is from The Snuggle Party Guidebook. (Click here if you have the book and want the downloadable tools, including a printable page of suggested snuggle party rules.)
Our vision is a planet where nobody has to go without nourishing platonic touch, regardless of relationship status. Chronic loneliness is a thing of the past.
Imagine waking up one morning in the near future, and realizing that several profound changes have occurred in your life:
- You feel more connected to others.
- You resonate with friends on a deeper heartfelt level.
- Physical affection is readily available beyond romantic and sexual relationships.
- Relationships are no longer “all-or-nothing” when it comes to nourishing physical touch. You’ve found a refreshing middle ground between platonic friends who share little or no physical contact, and romantic connections who share all types of contact.
- You’re better at saying “Yes” to what you really want and “No” to what you don’t want, while empowering others around you to do the same.
- Your relationships or dates are no longer so overshadowed by touch-related “neediness.”
- You’re helping to create a healthier, more integrated, holistic, sustainable understanding of how touch and connectedness function in our lives.
These are some fun things to imagine, aren’t they?
In just a few weeks, you can be enjoying warmer and more intimate connections, while also helping others to do the same.
Snuggle Party Resource Overview
To the above end, this site provides various resources to empower you:
- links to a range of general snuggling-related resources: websites, books, and even professional snuggling and cuddling businesses (My intent is to supplement already-existing resources, not to reinvent the wheel.)
- answers to snuggling FAQs
- information about The Snuggle Party Guidebook
- snuggle party tools and equipment suggestions, including free downloadable tools
- innovative ideas on snuggling and addictions recovery
History of Snuggle Parties & These Pages
Organized cuddle events date back to at least 2002, when a small group of visionaries in Portland, Oregon began to hold snuggle parties. Formal and informal snuggle gatherings have since become frequent pastimes among segments of the community.
A number of wonderful groups have formed since then, including Cuddle Party, which has spread awareness to countless people under its branded version of a snuggle event. Yet, this joyful, connective way of relating still remains a mystery to most people.
A decade after their inception, I discovered snuggle parties and other platonic touch-positive events during a challenging life transition. I had rarely sought nurturing touch outside of romantic relationships, and found this new approach profoundly supportive.
I was eager to share what I had learned with others, but no books on how to throw such events existed. A few innovative training programs had created talented facilitators, but time and tuition costs still left out many people.
So, immersed in a long-established community of grassroots cuddle experts, I created a book and these resource pages. It’s my attempt to share with you much of their collective wisdom, developed over many years, along with my own experiences and psychology training. Included are the voices of many people who have benefited from snuggle events.
My hope is that you will experience many of the same benefits. Snuggle parties are a powerful tool for helping to create a healthier, more peaceful, more sustainable world.